MAP VR38 Torque Plate | 2009+ Nissan GT-R (VR38-TQP)
Nissan GT-R VR38 Torque Plate
VR38DETT Engine Block before Honing.
The Nissan GT-R is an amazing automobile. Part of what makes it such an amazing vehicle is due in large part to the VR38DETT powerplant. When rebuilding such a powerful engine, every step must be taken to ensure accuracy and reliability during the machining process. That is where the VR38 Torque Plate becomes an important tool. A torque plate is essential during any boring or honing process because torquing a head down on the block will cause the cylinder bore to slightly deform. A torque plate takes the place of the head at the machine shop to simulate any distortion that will be caused when the head studs/bolts are tightened.
VR38 Torque Plate Details
- 2" thick billet aluminum
- Includes spacers (pictured) to give proper depth of penetration into the block
- Works with bore sizes Up to 101mm
- 100% Made in the USA
- 2009 Nissan GT-R VR38DETT
- 2010 Nissan GT-R VR38DETT
- 2011 Nissan GT-R VR38DETT
- 2012 Nissan GT-R VR38DETT
- 2013 Nissan GT-R VR38DETT
- or other platforms utilizing the VR38 Engine