SRT4 Neon 2.4L Shortblock Engine Build
Years of experience and hundreds of successful builds have given us a pretty good idea of what these motors like! If you're looking to make up to 1000whp without having to worry about your bottom end you've come to the right place!
SRT4 2.4L Features & Benefits
The 2.4L retains the factory crankshaft and connecting rod configuration that made the SRT4's A855 famous. No need for custom parts here as there are a plethora of options on the shelf at all times!
- Engine blocks visit our hot tank and then proceed to rust removal before receiving a coat of black high temp engine paint for a finished appearance.
- Crankshafts are never cut / turned and receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance applications.
- The machine work process starts with an overbore. The overbore is followed with a three step honing process that is finished with a plateau hone for the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating.
- The last step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing.
A855 Included Components
- King Main and Rod Bearings
- MAPerformance Crank Strap Kit
- ARP Main Studs (We check for out of round and line hone if necessary)
- Your choice of rods
- Your choice of Forged Pistons
SRT4 A855 Options
- Crankshaft: We use standard size OEM crankshafts most frequently as we have not had a crankshaft failure to date. However, we realize that cores are hard to come by and there are weight advantages with some aftermarket crankshafts so we will happily build your shortblock accordingly!
Core Exchange Program
Unfortunately we don't have a set price on this core program available right now. Call for accurate up to date pricing as it is subject to change!
Please note that this item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $200-$300.
Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
We won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our engine builds. We utilize quality components along with specialized machining and assembly techniques for each individual platform to ensure the best possible performance. If we see a gap in regards to acceptable product offerings on the market we often times develop our own like the Ultimate Duty Connecting Rods. We thoroughly inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in a clean room and most of the machine work is performed in house to satisfy our stringent requirements. We have had great success in building countless motors for every imaginable application from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.
Please note that this product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact an MAP sales representative for current estimations.
Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!