MAP FA20DIT Built Shortblock Engine | 2015-2017 Subaru WRX (MAP WRX-4GMSS-20-S1)
MAP FA20DIT Built Shortblock Engine
Want more power out of your 2015+ Subaru WRX FA20DIT engine? Great! We have a team of professionals ready to assist you in all phases of your FA20DIT build. With our vast in house capabilities & experience buying your built FA20DIT short block will be hassle free. We offer packages ranging from an assembled "race ready" short block to a complete FA20DIT motor that is ready to be dropped into your 2015+ Subaru WRX.
MAPerformance will not settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our FA20DIT engine building program. Only the best quality engine internals along with specialized machining and assembly techniques are used to ensure the best possible performance and longevity for our 2015+ WRX customers.
- Engine blocks visit our hot tank before and after machining for a clean, finished appearance
- FA20DIT Crankshafts are never cut or turned, and they receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance race applications
- The First step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing
- Next, we bore the sleeves square to the deck surface
- We utilize a three step honing process utilizing a MAP FA20 specific torque plate to ensure roundness. Our honing process is finished with a plateau hone for the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating
- No core? No Worries! Simply select a new OEM FA20DIT short block option for us to use as a starting point. New OEM FA20DIT engine cores require less cleaning, preparation and machine work compared to used FA20 shortblocks, so even though a new shortblock purchased separately would be $2000+ the difference in price here is just $1800!
- Crankshaft: We use standard size OEM crankshafts most frequently as we have not had a crankshaft failure to date. However, we realize that there are weight advantages and stroke options available with some aftermarket crankshafts so we will happily build your shortblock accordingly!
- Pistons: If you would like to go with a different brand of pistons or are interested in a custom compression ration please give us a call.
- 2015-2017 Subaru WRX
What's In The Box?
- King XP Main and Rod Bearings Installed With MAPerformance Specs
- Carrillo or Manley Connecting Rods
- Manley Pistons
- Manufacturer Standard Warranty