Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
MAPerformance believes that the heart and soul of any motorsports project is the engine that powers it. Since inception, MAPerformance has combined the highest quality components with the most stringent industry standards to produce world record setting results. MAPerformance utilizes proprietary specifications combined with years of experience in each engine that is assembled.
We thoroughly inspect, clean, blueprint, and assemble our engines in a sterile room and all machining operations are carefully scrutinized to ensure all aspects of every operation meets or exceeds our own stringent requirements. From the weekend warrior to the all out race car, MAPerformance has an engine option to suit your needs.
Don't know exactly what you need? MAPerformance has the expert guidance to assist you in choosing and top rated customer support to assist you with your long term project goals.
Please Note: This product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand, build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact a MAP sales representative for current estimations. ALL MAP engines have a specific break-in process we suggest you follow to ensure your engine sees a long life!
Used Core Process (When Customer Supplied)
- Hot tanking/degreasing
- Iron block engines are then baked
- Iron blocks are shot peened or media blasted
- Gasket surfaces are flat sanded
- Oil and Freeze plugs removed
- Balance shaft oil feed is drilled, tapped and capped
- All blocks are clearanced to specification
- Blocks are machined to stringent in house specifications
- Block is reassembled with oil plugs and new freeze plugs
- Block is hot tanked for final cleaning High temp primer and paint process is applied
- Customer specified components assembled into block
Used OEM Cranks
MAP takes the following steps to ensure the highest quality finished product.
- Thorough inspection and measurements are taken MAP will not use a crank that requires cutting steps to prepare the bearing surfaces
- Sludge traps are removed for cleaning then drilled & tapped for installation of serviceable fittings
- Cranks are hot tanked, degreased and then precision micro balanced and polished
- 2007-2015 Mitsubishi Evo X
What's in the Box?
- MAP Assembled Performance Shortblock
- MAP Spec Dry Type Flanged Sleeve
- Core Block and Crank as Specified By Customer
- King XP Series or ACL Race Bearings
- Performance Forged Piston Set
- Performance Forged Connecting Rods
- 4B11's ARP Main Stud Upgrades
*Customer can choose from a variety of piston,connecting rod, & bearing options but should you desire something not advertised, please feel free to contact us for a custom quote!
MAP Supplied / Customer Supplied Cores
If you selected customer supplied core, you will be responsible for packaging and freight cost of your engine. Please do not ship us an engine that needs to be disassembled. We will only need your block, crank, and main caps. **If you have a good block to send in, but no crank (or vice versa), please reach out to us to determine accurate pricing. All cores are subject to inspection and acceptance is at our discretion.
Please Note: This item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $200-$300.