The FA20 series engine inside your Subaru or Scion is already good, but if you’re looking for more performance, an upgraded short block can provide massive power. Whether you are looking to improve an existing core or start with a fresh, complete block, our machining staff is ready to craft the best built FA20 for your racing needs.
Our machining process starts with resurfacing. Because smooth surfaces are critical to proper head gasket sealing, we’ve put a lot of work into developing one of the best surface finishes in the industry. Sleeves are then bored square to the deck surface, using a torque plate specific to the FA20 engine for ensuring roundness. A four-step honing process provides a superior cylinder wall finish and ring seating.
At Modern Automotive Performance, we have an industry-leading reputation for quality and performance because of our dedication to quality. Our staff of in-house engine builders has put together countless motors for a wide variety of applications, and we’re ready to go to work for you. Give our staff a call, and discover for yourself our excellent customer service and commitment to quality.
- FA20 Crankshafts are never cut or turned, and they receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance race applications.
- The First step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing.
- Next, we bore the sleeves square to the deck surface. Our MAP FA20 specific torque plate is used to ensure roundness.
- The overbore is followed with a four step plateau honing process that provides the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating.
- No core? No Worries! We will supply a new OEM FA20 short block option above for us to use as a starting point. New OEM FA20 engine cores require less cleaning, preparation and machine work compared to used FA20 shortblocks, so even though a new shortblock purchased separately would be $2000+ the difference in price here is just $1800!
- Crankshaft: We use standard size OEM crankshafts most frequently as we have not had a crankshaft failure to date. However, we realize that there are weight advantages and stroke options available with some aftermarket crankshafts so we will happily build your shortblock accordingly!
- Pistons:If you would like to go with a different brand of pistons or are interested in a custom compression ration please give us a call.
Please Note: This product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact an MAP sales representative for current estimations.
This item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $100-$200.
Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!
- 2012-2015 Subaru BRZ
- 2012-2015 Scion FR-S
- 2012-2015 Toyota FT-86
What's in the box?
- King XP Main and Rod Bearings Installed with MAPerformance Specs
- Manley Connecting Rods
- Manley Extreme Duty Pistons
- ARP Main Bolts